This cocktail recipe allows you to mix and match a large variety of liqueurs and juices to make many different drinks all using the same recipe and base spirit.
Frequently, I have guests or family members who like juicy drinks. Those that aren’t dominated by the taste of any particular spirit and taste more like the mixer than alcohol. I’ll have to admit it, there are times when I like cocktails like this as well. The Juicy Cocktail uses Vodka (a fruit Vodka like Grey Goose La Poire works great, but regular Vodka works fine) combined with any sweet liqueur and any berry fruit juice (citrus juices won’t work well with the same recipe).
Juicy Cocktail Recipe
- 2 oz Vodka (a fruit-flavored/infused Vodka ups the ante here – I used Grey Goose La Poire – Pear Vodka)
- 1 oz Sweet Liqueur (see below)
- 1 oz Berry Fruit Juice (see below – I like using the unsweetened variety, but the recipe works fine with sweetened juices too)
- 1/2 oz Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice
- Matching fruit or lime to garnish
Add all ingredients to a shaker and shake over ice until chilled. Strain and serve in a cocktail glass.
Liqueur Juice Drambuie Pomegranate Juice Benedictine Blueberry Juice Allspice Dram Cranberry Juice Cointreau Acai Chambord Grape Creme de cassis Strawberry Cherry Heering Any Mixed Berry Triple Sec Grand Marnier Ginger Liqueur
Mix and match any from the Liqueur column and the Juice column. Keep in mind that neither column is a complete list, try others and report back.
Why You’ll Like the Juicy Cocktail
It’s a fruity, easy to drink cocktail that everyone will enjoy. It’s also a fun adventure exploring the possibilities.
It’s great having a single recipe that makes it easy to create so many cocktails. Here are a few of surprisingly good ones I’ve found. Give ’em a try.
- Drambuie and pomegranate/blueberry
- Allspice Dram and pomegranate
- Cointreau and cranberry (a Cosmopolitan)
- Ginger Liqueur and blueberry