I was browsing recipes on Imbibe and came up with this tasty drink, the Income Tax Cocktail.
It’s the weekend, so I thought I’d make it a little bigger than the recipe – here’s what I did:
- 2 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1 oz Martini & Rossi Dry Vermouth
- 1 oz Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- Juice squeezed from about 1/2 blood orange
- 3 dashes Angostura bitteres
- Star-trek shaped orange rind for garnish
Because of the orange juice plus I wanted it really cold, I shook it vigorously, unlike my usual “stir-shake.” It seems like a drink that belongs in the coupe glass.
It was quite good. Note that the recipe is very similar to the Bronx Cocktail, with just the addition of the bitters.
(Visited 345 times, 1 visits today)