I was browsing recipes on Imbibe and came up with this tasty drink, the Income Tax Cocktail.
It’s the weekend, so I thought I’d make it a little bigger than the recipe – here’s what I did:
- 2 oz Plymouth Gin
- 1 oz Martini & Rossi Dry Vermouth
- 1 oz Martini & Rossi Sweet Vermouth
- Juice squeezed from about 1/2 blood orange
- 3 dashes Angostura bitteres
- Star-trek shaped orange rind for garnish
Because of the orange juice plus I wanted it really cold, I shook it vigorously, unlike my usual “stir-shake.” It seems like a drink that belongs in the coupe glass.
It was quite good. Note that the recipe is very similar to the Bronx Cocktail, with just the addition of the bitters.